Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

satheesh840

Need help with automating the R code execution in power BI

Hi everyone,

I wrote an R function which can take values from excel file and create a plot in R. I integrated the R code in the power BI and got the 'R' plot in power BI. I want to know whether is it possible to extract the data and create a  power BI native visual instead of R visual

Also, I want to know whether is it possible to automate the entire process i.e when I open power BI, I should get the plot?  

Any help is appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ive not done it, but i would assume yes that if you apply the script in power bi, if you run a refresh it should load everyting from the data output from 2 to the visuals

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

in power query you can change the context to an rscript rather than using a power query script.  

Capture.PNG

in terms of automation, if you run this in the cloud service with a schedule i guess that is how you can automate.  If you doing it in teh desktop it would be via a manual refresh.  Is that what you asking?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Thanks for the help. Now I can data and plot as power BI visual. 

Abou the automation, I want this way.

I will upload the data in either in CSV or XLS format from the local system. I want it to do the computation in R and give the output as power BI visual. 

Currently, I am uploading data and dragging the columns into values field. After that, I am running the R code manually. I want to know whether I can automate the entire process with a single click (of uploading the data). 

ive not done it, but i would assume yes that if you apply the script in power bi, if you run a refresh it should load everyting from the data output from 2 to the visuals

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.