Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with Fresh Service and autorefresh

Hello,

The company I am in uses Fresh Service for its business. As an intern, my role is to create dashboards on Power BI Desktop using information retrieved from Fresh Service (for example, the number of tickets resolved in the day).

I was able to retrieve the information from Fresh Service (Analytics tab, Settings then Data Export) and I made my dashboards which are good. The data exports are scheduled to be done every hour (or so) on Fresh Service. Until then, I had to manually refresh the dashboards to update them.

Now, I have to make the dashboards update automatically, without human intervention. I did some research this morning on how to do this on Power BI, and the solution that came up on the Microsoft help sites was to use DirectQuery. I talked to my supervisor about it and now have a Power BI Premium license, so I can use DirectQuery. But now, I can't see how to use this tool on data from web pages and I'm afraid I made a mistake in trying to use this tool for my problem.

I need help on this point, can anyone help me ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PabloDeheza
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous!

You need to setup a scheduled refresh from power bi service. With Power BI Premium per User you can set up to 48 refreshes per day.

I suggest you read this article from microsoft:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-scheduled-refresh
Note that if you are not connecting to on-premises data, then you dont need a data gateway, you can skip that.

Let me know if that helps! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, Pablo, for your reply.

Unfortunately for me, I can't find the panes, tabs, options presented on the link you sent me. I've tried searching, restarting my Power BI etc., but I can't find them (even the search function doesn't help me ^^'>)

Is the link you gave me working well on Power BI Desktop? I'm wondering, because I don't recognise the screenshots given as a hint (but I don't doubt your expertise, it could also be related to an article based on an old version of the software or simply me being too new to it...)

Once again, thank you very much for the help you tried to give me !

I'll keep digging in the direction you pointed me !

Hi again!

To refreshes are set up on Power BI Service (app.powerbi.com), not Desktop. There you need to login with you PBI account and follow the steps in the link.

Let me know if you need more help on this!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, you're right !

You told it to me in your first message, I missed it.... ^^'>

I look at it now !

PabloDeheza
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous!

You need to setup a scheduled refresh from power bi service. With Power BI Premium per User you can set up to 48 refreshes per day.

I suggest you read this article from microsoft:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-scheduled-refresh
Note that if you are not connecting to on-premises data, then you dont need a data gateway, you can skip that.

Let me know if that helps! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the problem is solved. I don't know if it works yet, but I (finally) managed to create the Gateway as you recommended and configure everything. Without you, I would never have figured out how to do it X)

My only question is the number of refreshes per day; I could only configure eight and then I can't click on "Add another schedule", but I might be missing something X)

In any case, thank you very much for your help and for the time you spent for me !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.