Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shaebert
Helper III
Helper III

Need help visualizing data

Hello, I have a set of data that I want to visualize in a line graph showing changes over time. I am having some difficulty in using the graph in combination with two table visualizations. 

Data Set: 

CompanyScoreDateTopic
Company3703/20/21Cyber
Company3803/20/21IT
Company1453/20/21Data
Company2653/27/21Cyber
Company2803/27/21IT
Company2753/27/21Data
Company1663/27/21Cyber
Company1553/27/21IT
Company1804/3/21Cyber
Company1904/3/21IT
Company1904/3/21Data

I want to be able to click a company in the table on the bottom left. With that company selected, I want to be able to click on the Orange line in the graph to supply me the "IT" topic on the table on the right. Right now when I do this, I am selecting either the March 27th data point or April 3rd data point. I want both selected where ever I click on the line. Is this possible?

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 1.56.49 PM.png

I noticed that if I hold down Control and select each data point this works, but this is neither intuitive for others, nor do I want to do this if I have a lot of data points. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shaebert ,

After my testing and related research, it is useful to hold down ctrl to select multiple.

Screenshot 2021-04-14 165356.jpg

Also, you can create two slicers to filter instead of clicking on the line chart.

Screenshot 2021-04-14 165235.jpg

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
shaebert
Helper III
Helper III

Unfortunately, holding down CTRL and selecting multiple points is not intuitive for the users/viewers of the dashboard. I think I am just going to have to not use a line graph visual. 

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shaebert ,

After my testing and related research, it is useful to hold down ctrl to select multiple.

Screenshot 2021-04-14 165356.jpg

Also, you can create two slicers to filter instead of clicking on the line chart.

Screenshot 2021-04-14 165235.jpg

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @shaebert 

One of the ways to select multiple data points in a line chart is to CTRL + Drag the mouse.

However, seeing the above screen, I think it might capture unwanted datapoint as well if you drag the mouse in the line chart.

But, it is useful in many cases.

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.