Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RingoSun
Helper II
Helper II

Need help turning gauge visual into a percentage

I have this gauge visual which contains Actual sales and target sales

RingoSun_0-1656253667606.png

But instead of displaying whole numbers in the visual, I want to display percentages instead. I tried just simply using the "Percent of grand total" option but it shows me 100% which is obviously wrong.

RingoSun_1-1656253784997.png

What can I do here?

SAMPLE PBIX

6 REPLIES 6
AppleSeedy
Regular Visitor

I was just dealing with this. Click on the data field in the data column - NOT the checkbox (which should be ticked for the data you are displaying), click the actual data label in the data column. The ribbon at the dop should change to "Column Tools" -

Navigate to "Format" and change the dropdown to "percentage" - 

AppleSeedy_1-1699376202507.png

Seanan
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @RingoSun 

I've managed to get the result you are looking for.

NVIDIA_Share_DZbqznOmQp.png

However, to get the value as a percent I've had to create a Max measure to divide the sum of sales by (This is hardcoded in this example). 
Does your dataset contain a maximum value column or any data at all or would the max be 2x of the value? Which is currently what your 1st post picture shows.

Please find the updated PBIX here.

bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Are you trying to calculate a percentage of sales against target?

If so I defined 3 measures:

Sum of Sales = SUM ( 'Actual Sales'[Sale] )
Sum of Target = SUM ( 'Target Sales'[Target] )
% of Target = 
    DIVIDE (
        [Sum of Sales],
        [Sum of Target]
    )

Then set [% of Target] to format as a percentage and used that measure directly in the gauge:

bcdobbs_0-1656267331423.png

Your file with modifications

If that's not what you're after let me know and try and unpick.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

@bcdobbs 

Hi there thanks for the reply! But I still want to be able to have this thing right here

RingoSun_0-1656293005079.png

So basically the gauge will be between 0% and 100% and then the indicator will be the target

So just to check you want the gauge aspect to still show as if it was 6000 with a target line at 8000 but the number to read as a percentage?

Will have a play and see what I can do. Not sure if it does it natively but fairly sure we can create the effect at the very least. Will get get back to you.

Ben Dobbs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Is this what you're after?

bcdobbs_0-1656317954910.png

To achieve it I've taken the original gauge but then then dropped a card with category label turned off over the top with the % measure given above.

You can then group the two visuals so they move as one.

Ben Dobbs

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.