Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help to plot table / Metric in Power BI

Hi Team,

i am trying to build a report in power BI below is the sample data.

My clients are Airtel and Hutch(Highlited in Red). i need to filter out the ISIN's which are related only to "Airtel" and "Hutch"(in real scenario i have 14 clients and N number of ISIN's). When i filter the realted ISIN's i should not miss out the row of Idea and Docomo.

Expected output shown in second table.

ISINClientBuy/SellAmount
XYZAirtelBuy100
XYZIdeaSell-100
XYZDocomoBuy100
XYZAirtelSell-100
ZYXHutchBuy200
ZYXIdeaSell-200
ZYXDocomoBuy200
ZYXHutchSell-200
ABCAircelBuy500
ABCIdeaSell-500
CBDSpiceBuy150
CBDSingtelSell-150

ISIN ABC & CBD can be ignored as my clients are only Airtel and Hutch.

ISINClientBuySellGrand Total
XYZAirtel100-1000
 Docomo100 100
 Idea -100-100
XYZ Total 200-2000
ZYXDocomo200 200
 Hutch200-2000
 Idea -200-200
ZYX Total 400-4000

Regards,

Kiran

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Anonymous 

Please check the below picture and the sample pbix file's link down below.

Picture2.png

Amount Total =
SUM('Table'[Amount])

Amount by condition measure =
VAR conditions = { "Airtel", "Hutch" }
VAR currentISIN =
MAX ( 'Table'[ISIN] )
VAR tablebycondition =
ADDCOLUMNS (
CROSSJOIN (
SUMMARIZE (
FILTER (
ALL ( 'Table' ),
'Table'[Client]
IN conditions
&& 'Table'[ISIN] = currentISIN
),
'Table'[ISIN]
),
VALUES ( 'Table'[Client] )
),
"@amount", [Amount Total]
)
RETURN
SUMX ( tablebycondition, [@amount] )

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

@Anonymous Got your point, just add a simple measure as below, replace column and table name as per your model and use this measure in matrix visual:

Measure = 
VAR __myClient = { "Airtel", "Hutch" } 
VAR __myISIN = CALCULATETABLE ( VALUES ( ISIN[ISIN] ), ISIN[Client] IN __myClient )
RETURN
CALCULATE ( SUM ( ISIN[Amount] ), TREATAS ( __myISIN, ISIN[ISIN] ) )

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Anonymous 

Please check the below picture and the sample pbix file's link down below.

Picture2.png

Amount Total =
SUM('Table'[Amount])

Amount by condition measure =
VAR conditions = { "Airtel", "Hutch" }
VAR currentISIN =
MAX ( 'Table'[ISIN] )
VAR tablebycondition =
ADDCOLUMNS (
CROSSJOIN (
SUMMARIZE (
FILTER (
ALL ( 'Table' ),
'Table'[Client]
IN conditions
&& 'Table'[ISIN] = currentISIN
),
'Table'[ISIN]
),
VALUES ( 'Table'[Client] )
),
"@amount", [Amount Total]
)
RETURN
SUMX ( tablebycondition, [@amount] )

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous why not you use just have a page level or report level filter and only select your clients. Am I missing something?

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Problem is i want to filter on the ISIN's which belong to my Clients. i don not want to miss any clients under the ISIN  filtered for my clients.

Regards,

Kiran

@Anonymous Got your point, just add a simple measure as below, replace column and table name as per your model and use this measure in matrix visual:

Measure = 
VAR __myClient = { "Airtel", "Hutch" } 
VAR __myISIN = CALCULATETABLE ( VALUES ( ISIN[ISIN] ), ISIN[Client] IN __myClient )
RETURN
CALCULATE ( SUM ( ISIN[Amount] ), TREATAS ( __myISIN, ISIN[ISIN] ) )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.