Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

elleeyl

Need help to improve pbix data refresh performance.

Hi Power BI Community,

I'm a newbie and would need some help with this .pbix file that I have inherited please. The pbix will take about 2.5 hours everytime to refresh data.

The data source file would be incrementally increased with new data every day and hence the .pbix file would need to be refreshed daily. However the time it takes to refresh is too long.

From the .pbix file, Sheet1 (2) table is direct from the datasource file. The other tables are new tables added to transform data into the format we want in the final output.

Kindly advise on how to reduce the refresh time but retain the final output. Thank you very much! Pbix and datasource are attached.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xxA1lCFch20_XDopkLVWvC66KWewWUBZ/view?usp=sharing

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @elleeyl,

For your scenario, it seems that your problem for data refresh is caused by your multiple calculated tables.

I think you'd better use measure instead of calculated tables.

In addition, you could refer to this articles Power BI Performance Best Practices and Power BI Performance Tips and Techniques.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.