Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sridevi
Helper I
Helper I

Need help to do filter in slicer data

Hi,

I want to show my data based on my filter values in slicer visualization.  I have platform column in my table. I want to show this platform data in a slicer visualizations and it shows only Monospace 500 details.   

filter.jpg

Platform slicer contains should following data instead of all the above data.

Monospace 50012.1

Monospace 500 13.2

Monospace 500 12.3

There is no visualization filter available for Slicer. My slicer shows all the data of Platform coulmn from Product table. I am trying to create new table for platform cloumn and filtering out only monospace products using DAX table but I dont know which function for applying "contains" filtering function like as page level filter for string search.  I want to grouping monospace 

Could you please anyone suggest that how can i apply filter in slicer?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sridevi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sridevi,

You can use "SELECTCOLUMNS function" to choose the columns which you need:

I added to new columns to base table:

Capture3.PNG

Use "SELECTCOLUMNS" to filter other columns:

Table = SELECTCOLUMNS( FILTER(Table1,ISERROR(SEARCH("Monospace 500",Table1[platform]))=FALSE()),"Platform",[Platform])

Capture4.PNG

In additon, allexcept function also worked.

Table = CALCULATETABLE(ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Column],Table1[Column 2]), FILTER(Table1,ISERROR(SEARCH("Monospace 500",Table1[platform]))=FALSE()))

Capture5.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sridevi,

You can use below methods to filter the data in slicer:
1. Page level filter(bullius’s point of view):

Capture5.PNG

2. Query editor filter rows:

Capture6.PNG

3.Dax search function.

Table = FILTER(Table1,ISERROR(SEARCH("Monospace 500",Table1[platform]))=FALSE())

Capture7.PNG

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks a lot for all of your responses.

Yes I knew about page and report level filters and I used in my usecase aswell. But here I dont want to apply this filter in page and report level. I have arleady PLATFORM data column in slicer visualization format and I need to filter only monospace 500 related products for one of my usecase. I have many slicers in my page so I apply page level it should be affected my other slicers and charts. So Its not appropriate for my requirement. I need to apply filter only my platform slicer.

If I use page and report level filters and query editor filters then it will be affected my whole report and report might be wrong.

@v-shex-msft: Thank you for your suggestion. I have created new table with the help of DAX query but problem is here, it has all other columns as well. I want to have only platform data with use of DAX syntax for filtering monospace 500. Is that any other way to generate only platform column in new table or shall I have filter it existing table which has platform field for this particular silcer.

Thanks a lot for all of your suggestions.

Regards

Sridevi

Hi @sridevi,

You can use "SELECTCOLUMNS function" to choose the columns which you need:

I added to new columns to base table:

Capture3.PNG

Use "SELECTCOLUMNS" to filter other columns:

Table = SELECTCOLUMNS( FILTER(Table1,ISERROR(SEARCH("Monospace 500",Table1[platform]))=FALSE()),"Platform",[Platform])

Capture4.PNG

In additon, allexcept function also worked.

Table = CALCULATETABLE(ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Column],Table1[Column 2]), FILTER(Table1,ISERROR(SEARCH("Monospace 500",Table1[platform]))=FALSE()))

Capture5.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

@v-shex-msft,

Thanks a lot for this suggestion. It was working fine as you suggested.

Regards,

Sridevi

asocorro
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Check out this post about filtering a Slicer visual: 

http://radacad.com/filtering-slicer-resolved-in-power-bi

Connect with me in LinkedIn: https://pr.linkedin.com/in/adolfosocorro
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AdolfoSocorro

Hi @asocorro,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I have implemented as per the below link information. Yes it was working fine but problem here is its creating new table with all the columns and filtering based on platform which I have specified in search. Its simply creating dupliate of table with filered data. My table has morethan 1000 columns so its recreated again same data set. It may be occupied lot of storage memory. Is that any other way to do filtering?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sridevi 

bullius
Helper V
Helper V

Hi,

I don't know if you have tried this, but adding "Platform" to the page or report level filter sections, then filtering out all but Monospace should filter the slicer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.