Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

apmulhearn
Helper III
Helper III

Need help (please) with totals and subtotals using date hierarchy and groups in a Matrix visual

Hi!

I am trying to create a matrix which totals revenue by date and by region. 

From what I've read, it sounds like I need to create some calculated columns or measures, but my research keeps bringing me to convoluted information - or else I'm just really not understanding. I would greatly appreciate some help figuring out what I need to do to make my matrix totals (or a similar by different visualization, if necessary) mirror this.

(The region totals might not match up as some of these items were very recently reclassified and the documents are from two different times, but the date totals should match.)

I've included two spreadsheets - one with raw data, one with the BI export - at this public Airtable link. And below is a picture of the obviously incorrect item.

amulhearn@americashare.org

incorrect matrix totalsincorrect matrix totals

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I put your data into a matrix visual and got the expected result.

lbendlin_0-1613251132961.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I put your data into a matrix visual and got the expected result.

lbendlin_0-1613251132961.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.