Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gstewey
Regular Visitor

Need help placing a dollar sign next to total in a visual

Everything on my visual is set, I just can't figure out how to add a dollar sign "$" to the Total cost visual.dollarsignneeded.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could try to change the format of the measure/column to currency. 

Mattheus_0-1654607885393.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Gstewey
Regular Visitor

Mattheus and Tahreem24 thank you for those suggestions.   I'm trying to work these, could be me but I can't get these to work.  I'll keep poking around trying.   If you think of anything else, I'd be grateful for any other suggestions.

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Gstewey First what is the return type of it? Make sure it is numeric value. OR you can try @Anonymous 's workaround or Try my below suggestion:

MEASURE = "$" & [Total Cost]

And use this on card.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Gstewey
Regular Visitor

Thank you Mattheus.   I don't seem to have those options in my banner.   visual2.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will have to download the .pbix file and use the Desktop version to edit it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could try to change the format of the measure/column to currency. 

Mattheus_0-1654607885393.png

Found this setting!  Thank you !  It worked perfectly.

Just a quick follow-up.   I was able to get the dollar sign to appear in the report using these instuctions.   But since that change, noone can refresh the data.  Last update to the data was 6/7 when I made the change.  So, we've had to revert back to the old saved copy of the report without the Dollar sign, since at least the data is real in that report.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors