Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sankeytmehta
Helper II
Helper II

Need help on query editor issue as its not showing errors

I have downloaded latest version of Power BI. I loaded data from csv files to query editor. One of the file has empty rows. So as per query editor documentation and the udemy tutorial, query editor shows green/red bar in between data rows and header. But in my system i am not seeing that green bar.

As per document - Document (marked with black arrows)

In My system - My system (marked with black arrows)

Also, as per udemy tutorial, when we hover the mouse over the columns it shows a information box. In that box we can see the stats like valid % error %, empty % and remove empty row. But I am not seeing that as well in my system.

Tutorial - Tutorial 

Need help on both the issues. Or pointer to any document, link, settings. Any help will be really appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

HI @sankeytmehta ,

Not sure then.

Please close the thread and mark a solution as this is someting happenieng at your end.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

My OS version was older, due to which i was not able to see the column quality,  distribution, profile options, error indicator - green/red. I did system format and then loaded windows 10. After that installed Power BI desktop again from Microsoft website. Now the issue is resolved.

powerbiqueryeditor.PNG

Thanks!

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

IMG_20200724_183857__01__01.jpg

Yes single instance of power bi and that too downloaded from Microsoft website https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/

Is there any registry entry that needs to done?

I uninstalled the software and followed the link you had given, installed the same. It shows version - Version: 2.83.5894.822 64-bit (July, 2020) but still I am facing same issue. Dont see the green bar, or in the view ribbon-no options other than Go to column. I am fed up with the issue. Not sure why its not showing for me. Am i missing any setting?

nvprasad
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

You can check "Column profile" in the "View" section of Query editor.

Appreciate a Kudos! 🙂
If this helps and resolves the issue, please mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Regards,
N V Durga Prasad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.