Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help on designing Visual.

Hi,

1.  Need help on designing visual.

2.  If there is no Item value for any of the locations, then display  blank.  Refer the ItemVolumeByRegion Visual.

Ex:  Item3 has no value for any of the locations in two Regions (Refer  ItemVolumeByRegion Table Data), so it is displayed as blank.

3.  Region 1 title font color as  custom color --> #000000,   background color  as  custom color -->  #DA9694 

4.  Region 2 title font color as  custom color --> #000000,   background color  as  custom color -->  #C4D79B

Attached is the expected ItemVolumeByRegion Visual screenshot  &   ItemVolumeByRegion table data  below for reference.

ItemVolumeByRegion Visual

RegionVisual.PNG

ItemVolumeByRegion Table Data

RegionLocationItemVolume
Region2Location11Item1407
Region2Location11Item20
Region2Location10Item13
Region2Location10Item20
Region2Location9Item135
Region2Location9Item20
Region2Location8Item1633
Region2Location8Item20
Region2Location7Item12881
Region2Location6Item1217
Region2Location6Item21200
Region1Location5Item20
Region1Location4Item4581
Region1Location2Item41270
Region1Location1Item4358

Thank you.

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

To my knowledge, I don't think you can select a different color for region 2 unfortunately. Here is a example of what you can do:

Table Example.PNG

I can share the PBI file if this is what you need.

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous,

By my tests, I'm afraid that it may impossible for us to set the column headers by condition for matrix  in Power BI currently. 

You could submit your idea in Power BI ideas Forum.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

You can dowload the PBI file here

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing the PBI file.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have explored and Found solution to display the blank rows  in the Matrix visual ( i.e. display the rows  which has no values)

Refer the below post  i submitted for more details (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Need-help-on-designing-Visual/m-p/561243#M264742)

Solution:

Rows  -->  select the Row field and right click and choose "Show items with no data" option.

Same applies to,

Columns --> select the Column field and right click and choose "Show items with no data" option.

Refer the below working visual:

Item5 has blank values but still the entire Item5 Row is displayed in the Matrix visual. 

DisplayBLANKROWSCapture.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

To my knowledge, I don't think you can select a different color for region 2 unfortunately. Here is a example of what you can do:

Table Example.PNG

I can share the PBI file if this is what you need.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

Need inputs on the below scenario,

I have added 2 rows related to Item3 with Volume value as Blank (or) Empty . Refer the last 2 rows in the below Table data. 

Is there a way to display blank rows using a measure ?

RegionLocationItemVolume
Region2Location11Item1407
Region2Location11Item20
Region2Location10Item13
Region2Location10Item20
Region2Location9Item135
Region2Location9Item20
Region2Location8Item1633
Region2Location8Item20
Region2Location7Item12881
Region2Location6Item1217
Region2Location6Item21200
Region1Location5Item20
Region1Location4Item4581
Region1Location2Item41270
Region1Location1Item4358
Region1Location3Item3 
Region2Location9Item3 

Expected Visual: 

Display Item3  as a blank row

RegionVisual.PNG

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have explored and Found solution to display the blank rows  in the Matrix visual ( i.e. display the rows  which has no values)

Refer the below post  i submitted for more details (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Need-help-on-designing-Visual/m-p/561243#M264742)

Solution:

Rows  -->  select the Row field and right click and choose "Show items with no data" option.

Same applies to,

Columns --> select the Column field and right click and choose "Show items with no data" option.

Refer the below working visual:

Item5 has blank values but still the entire Item5 Row is displayed in the Matrix visual. 

DisplayBLANKROWSCapture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

can you please share the PBI file for the below example you shared initially in your first post.

exampleCapture.PNG

Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous,

If you have solved your problem, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft,

Part of my problem is solved with the shared sample PBI file (i.e.  the Columns, the Rows and Volume structure using matrix visual). I am working on and trying to fix few things which i need.

Sure, I will post my questions for help.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

You can dowload the PBI file here

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing the PBI file.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous Thank you for the solution. Appreciate it.   Please share the PBI file.

1. Say if i know that i will have two Regions (i.e. Region 1 and Region 2) always then can i use the Region labels and hardcode the customcolor for Regions. correct me if i am wrong.

Ex: Attached the powerbi desktop visual for reference

Region 1 Capture.PNG                  Region 2 Capture.PNG

2. can we display Item3 row as blank even though there are no values pertaining to Item3 in the ItemVolumeByRegion Table Data.

3. is it possible to remove the backgroundcolor for all Locations

4. Region and Item Header text and backgroundcolor is not required. is it possible to remove it. Attached the screenshot below.

Header Capture.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

By my tests, I'm afraid that it may impossible for us to set the column headers by condition for matrix  in Power BI currently. 

You could submit your idea in Power BI ideas Forum.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.