Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Charinite
Frequent Visitor

Need help in making card static

I'm working on a report where values in the cards should be static when product filters are using and dynamic when non-product filters are used. I was able to bring in this with the help of interaction when we were using slicers. However, later it was decided to move to filter pane for using filters and interactions stopped working. I tried to bring in the similar functionality using ALLEXCEPT however, in a few scenarios where there are no values for a particular product it is giving blanks.

Total Issue 1.PNG

Values in the global summary should remain static and Business line should be dynamic.Total Issue 2.PNG

I'm using the measure with DAX:

Origin Cases = CALCULATE(COUNTA(CaseData_OpenCases[CaseNumber]),ALLEXCEPT(CaseData_OpenCases,CaseData_OpenCases[CaseOrigin_Fixed]))

However, like I mentioned, for products where there are no related values in webchat or related segments, the static ones are also going blank. Each card has an additional origin filter to select the respective origin. 

I need help in understanding what am I doing wrong here.

Also, is there a way to show 0 instead of (Blank)

I'm using the below dax for Business line cards:

Total Cases = COUNTROWS(CaseData_OpenCases)

Below are the filters I'm using in the report.

Filter.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Charinite , best way for "All" filter to work with all, it to have them in a separate table. So if you have a product group in a separate table, you can add all(ProductGroup[ProductGroup])

Also, refer if interactions can help

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try making another table and see if that helps. I'm trying to limit the number of tables in the model due to the data size.

I was using interactions earlier when we had slicers. Later slicers were removed and moved to filter pane and I couldn't use interactions with the filter pane.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.