Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emma313823
Helper IV
Helper IV

Need help in how to modify without impact to my visuals or having to recreate them.

Hi All

I have a rather large dataset of sales detail for 2014, 2015 and 2016 to date.  Each month the dataset grows with the new month being added.  With the addition of October's new data, we have exceeded Excel's worksheet limitation of $1,048,576 rows.  We still need to keep 2014's data in our visuals and I'm trying to figure out how to do this successfully, without having to start from scratch.

During the creation of the visuals we currently have - I was having a huge issue getting BI Desktop to import the large excel dataset, so had to import the data as a .csv file instead and this worked great.  

I have now change the larger dataset to have only 2015 and 2016.  I've pulled out 2014 into its own worksheet within the same workbook.  Is there a way that I can import 2014 into the dashboard to allow my visuals to look the same without having to start from scratch and redo everything I've done?

Emma

Emma
2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @emma313823,

Have you tried using Append Queries in Query Editor to append 2014 table to 2015 and 2016 table as th3h0bb5 mentioned above? It should work in your scenario. 

append.PNG

Regards

th3h0bb5
Resolver II
Resolver II

Could you query in both the 2015-16 table and append the 2014 data to it? Then you circumnavigate Excel's row limit.

Also, I know there is functionality around Excel using blobs. I'm not very familiar with it, but I think it should meet your needs. Read more here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/How-to-connect-to-multiple-excel-files-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.