Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help in Rankx dax for top 7 in each catagory

PBIX dummy pix.pngHi Team,

I'm new in Power BI. I just need help to show top 7 in each catagory like first in bar graph it shows top 7 for major then top 7 for catagory and then top 7 for sub catagory.

Please help me with dax.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your response. i've tried this one but it's not working for bar graph. i have added a screenshot please have a look and confirm if you have any solution for my problem.

Have you created a Sub Category Rank (As per the topic name, not the name of your column) in desc order and filter it on <=7 in visual ?

Hi @Anonymous ,

After my continuous attempts, I still cannot use dax to meet your needs. There is an issue with my dax. After I drill down,

Subcategories of the parent category that are not in the topn range are also displayed. I hope someone can offer us a better way or modify my dax.

And  would you please vote for the similar idea in Power BI forum which has been submitted to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Here is my pbix file: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/EWpxul-2yftOmmkUh-bFV9oBj7jlJQHumeCCDJpC8r9ahg?e=YqA1N8

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-deddai1-msft ,

I have voted it and lets wait for it.. 

but it required in so many cases... so Power BI team will have to look in to it ASAP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes.. i have created it.. i just want to show top 7 bars on every level,,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Users,

Please help me with my query.. as i just want to filter top 7 with every axis level visual..  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.