Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ramshoney1225
Helper V
Helper V

Need help in Handling Slicers from different source

Hi ,

I have below Tables which i need to use for reporting.

ramshoney1225_0-1635316373691.png

Month table (Confirmed Dimension) joined to between TableA and TableB
Year Table (Confirmed Dimension) joined to between TableA and TableB
Country Table (Confirmed Dimension) joined to between TableA and TableB

I have two pages PageA and PageB

Now I need to use Slicers from confirmed dimension Month Slicer, Year Slicer, Contry Slicer

Now the problem,

when i use (Month Slicer) from "Month Table" it is showing all the 12 months where i need to show (January, ebruary, March, April) for Page A. Now i manually added the months that are associated to Page A

when i use (Year Slicer) from "YearTable" it is showing all the 4 years where i need to show (2019,2020) for Page A. Now i manually added the years that are associated to Page A

when i use (Country Slicer) from "Country Table" it is showing all the 21 countrys where i need to show (Albania, Belarus, Cameroon, United States) for Page A.

Simillary I'm doing the same for TableB report which is of manually process.

My requirement is even tho i use the Month,Year,Country from (Month table, Year table, Country table ) to PAGEA , i need to see the assoicate years need to come, assoicate month need to come, associate country need to come ) for PageA.

how to do that dynamically simillary to PageB report.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ramshoney1225 ,

Have you tried to use "Month" column from Table-A and Table-B" as Filters on this page" like below?

slicer.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ramshoney1225 ,

Have you tried to use "Month" column from Table-A and Table-B" as Filters on this page" like below?

slicer.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe this approach would be appropriate: add filter to your month slicer, choose 'filter type' as 'Top N', 'Show items' as top 100 and 'By value' some measure based on TableA or TableB data, for example, revenue sum:

Marik_0-1635319655415.png

Hi @Anonymous 

This is not working, i have given example for one measure, in my table i have nearly 3 - 5 measures.

I cant put all these measures into that Month slicer.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ramshoney1225 If I got you right you should syncronize you slicer on two pages: on 'View' tab go to 'Sync slicers', select slicer and on 'Sync slicers' pane choose pages where the slicer should be syncronized.

Thanks @Anonymous , for your quick respose.

Its not about the sync slicers, please read the scenario and will tell the same here.

Month table has 12 months of Data 

TableA has 4 months of data

we created a relationship Monthtable joined with TableA.

My requriment is to use Month slicer from Month table in PageA dashboard which i'm using TableA data. Whenever i use month then it is showing 12 months, but for TableA im getting 4 months.

Now, in Month slicer (Filter section) i'm adding the 4 months that are coming froM TableA. which is a manual process. I need to handel in such a way if i use Month Slicer from MOnth table it should show the months that are coming from tableA.

Simillary when i create a new dashboard PageB with TableB there for monthslicer from Monthtable should show the months that are associted to TableB.

Thanks, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then maybe it would be better to use 'month' field for slicer not from Month table but from data tables (TableA and TableB respectively).

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes I agree that, we already did it.

but they want to make to come us a start data model. so came with this approach.

like month, year, Country - all the slicers need to come from this table. this is the apporach need to do.

so then we came up this problem causing manual work. So need to show the slicers values dynamically assoicated with TableA and tableB.

thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.