Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adeeln
Post Patron
Post Patron

Need help for the clarification of Incremental refresh .

I have some questions according to the Incremental refresh. Please give me their answers with an example.

Question 1. Why date should be static(Order date, transaction date) in which we applied Incremental refresh ranges (start and end ranges ) ??.

Question 2.Why we don't use the same date for data detect changes and incremental refresh ranges .??

And if Qusestion 1 answer is yes. Then let me know how to apply incremental refresh on the dimensions table. because in the dimension table I don't have any static date like order date or transaction date.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @adeeln ;

According to your description, when setting incremental refresh, the parameter value can only be set to a static date. If you want to make the data dynamic, you may be able to change the parameter date after publishing to the service.

vyalanwumsft_0-1624609875643.png

Or use REST APT to update parameter .
In addition, incremental refresh can only be used if there is a date, if your table does not have a date column, you can consider full refresh.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yalanwu-msft Thanks for your reply.
1 . Can you please explain why it is necessary to apply Incremental refresh on a static date?. What will be their Drawbacks if we are not using static date for Incremental refresh >
2 . And what about Data Detect changes I have applied Incremental Refresh on the report like the below-attached image. Does Incremental refresh works on it or not?? 

adeeln_0-1624940313615.png

Thanks and Regards.
Adeel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.