Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help duplicating a visual from one page to another that updates when changes are made

Hi All! 

I am new to Power BI and trying to learn as I go. I am in the process of trying to take one visual, copy it, and paste larger onto another page, while still having the copy accept all of the changes made to the original. Is this possible? I have looked through managaing relationships and editing interactions, but I am not quite sure either is what I am looking for. Again, I am a total newbie, so it may be a silly question. 

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

you can copy and paste the visual as many times as you want, keeping or not keeping the filters between the sheets.

but after pasting, each visual is independent. any changes you make to the original are not automatically applied to your copies.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

you can copy and paste the visual as many times as you want, keeping or not keeping the filters between the sheets.

but after pasting, each visual is independent. any changes you make to the original are not automatically applied to your copies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

NewPlsHelp_0-1627913384373.png

If you look at the bottom you want to add your filters to the "Filter on all pages" section. Then you should be able to get what you want. I'm not sure what visual you are looking at though. I'm still somewhat new to Power BI myself

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right click the visual you want and copy visual. Then on the new sheet you want it on, press control V to paste it and it will have all of the filters and everything you want on it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick response! When I did that before and made an edit to the original, the edit did not carry through to the duplicate. Is it possible for edits to one to carry on to the duplicate?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.