Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cajuncandb
Regular Visitor

Need help displaying data into a visual

Does anyone know of any visual I can use to display an image similar to the one below? all the gauges and tachometers in PowerBI for whatever reason seem to only support 3 levels where I need 5 - please help!

terror_level.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @cajuncandb.

could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cajuncandb,

Based on my test, the gauge visual could not support five levels, I suggest you to use Donut chart or Pie chart visual to show multiple levels.

2.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

on the donut chart on the left - how did you get the text to go over the sections versus lines off to the side - mine are showing lines and I cant see anything in the visual properties to adjust that

donut.JPG

Hi @cajuncandb.

could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Hi @cajuncandb,

For the first issue, I am afraid you could not establish an indicator or focus point to different level, You may submit a feature request on idea.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

For the second issue, you could set the “Detail labels” like the below picture, modify the label position from “Inside” to “Outside”.

1.PNG

You can also download the PBIX file to have a view.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3y0gp8t6zgugqal/Need%20help%20displaying%20data%20into%20a%20visual2.pbix?...

Regards,

Daniel He

Can you think of a reason why I dont have the same option as you to select inside/outside? I am downloading the latest version of Power BI Desktop as I just started getting a "new update available" pop-up

toolbar.JPG

Hi @cajuncandb,

It seems that you are using the old version of Power BI Desktop, you could update to the latest version(2.60.5169.3201 64-bit (July 2018)).

Regards,

Daniel He

@cajuncandbmost likley you are using the older version of PowerBI, please update it to July 2018 release.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

I get that I can make five levels in a donut chart. Is there anyway to make one larger or more visible/defined without having to click on it - considering I am trying to establish an indicator or focus point here for a threat level?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.