Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JanOos

Need help creating an SPC chart with filter capability?

Trying to impress the boss with a fancy SPC chart for monthly sales that can be filtered per product.

It's a line chart showing count of invoices (Or sum of revenue) per month. So first I need to add a line showing the average  for all the months (A plain horizontal line, but it needs to adjust depending which product I filter on.)

Next is a calculated line (LCL=Mean-3*stddev)

Every time I have tried it just sees the invoice numbers as individual numbers and gives an average of that, rather than an average of the count per month.

I can easily put in fixed lines for all data, but I specifically want something that will adjust depending on the filter applied. If I can add a banner card that shows the actual calculated number per filter it will also help a lot.

Then I also need a way to sort products by a count of all invoice numbers in a bar chart. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
JanOos

Hi All

I am trying to impress the boss with some SPC Charts that can show either a count of all invoices per month or a sum of revenue per month with some 6sigma based analysis lines on the chart.

For this I need a basic line chart that shows the count of invoices accross a few months with a filter per product. Easy enough.

Next I get lost: I need to show a mean of the count of invoices accross all the months. It's easy enough to enter a fixed number, but then it doesn't change as I filter per product.

For all I have:

February13519
April 15370
January 14046
March 15656
May 14810

So the mean is 14680

Then if I filter to product X I get

February291
April 286
January 271
March 271
May 

With mean 276.

So how do I get my graphs to show a horizontal line of the mean that changes as I filter by product?

The next line is the same concept, but the formula is LCL=Mean-(3*StandardDev)

Does anyone know how to create these lines on a line graph?

I also wan't to show all the products with associated revenue on a bar graph, then sort it by amount of revenue so it shows the best performers first.

@JanOos

There's no dynamic reference line feature, you can vote for this idea. So far you can apply a workaround with a measure. To get the second LCL formula, you can tweak the measure accordingly.

avg ref line = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(sales[sales]),ALL(sales[date]))

Capture.PNG

Thank you for the response. I tried your formula but unfortunately it returns a 0 value.

I have voted for the feature.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.