Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help - For creating a dashboard using P&L summary

Hi Everyone ,

I am fairly new to the PowerBI. I have a requirement from my boss to create a dashboard through Power BI based on below data. I have the below summary data in excel which includes formulas but when I add it as a table and upload the data to powerbi desktop it will updload as it is even the totals considered as values . I need to show the EBITDA in data cards department wise and Year to Date EBITDA month wise through a column chart. Below data is just for one month and i will have the similar table for the 12 months in total .

Please help !

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please provide the reproducible original data in table form and expected output results.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

To build Financial Statements in Power BI, it requires some initial steps to structure your report template and DAX formulas for various p&L matrices.

Follow these links to learn more and adapt them to suit your needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxKDWjgN2oc
https://exceleratorbi.com.au/build-a-pl-with-power-bi/

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.