Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help : DAX Measure - Expected output vs Actual output

Hi Community, 

I need some help to resolve an issue i have been facing or trying to understand and fix it.  I have columns like MonthYear , Forecast 2021(% value) , Forecast 2021 Nr(numerator) , Total Count of rows ( Denominator) . Month year is a calculated column created using some format function from date .  Rest of the 3 are measures created . 

I have also added DAX codes for reference : 

Forecast 2021 Nr = CALCULATE(COUNT('Mainframe Turndown'[PROCESSNAME]),FILTER('Mainframe Turndown','Mainframe Turndown'[Turndown PeriodForecast]="5/1/2021"))

Total Count of rows = CALCULATE(COUNT('Mainframe Turndown'[PROCESSNAME]),FILTER('Mainframe Turndown',NOT(ISBLANK('Mainframe Turndown'[PROCESSNAME]))))

Forecast 2021 = [Forecast 2021 Nr]/[Total Count of rows]

Actual Output : 

Capture.PNG

My expectation is for May 2021 , Numerator value should be 391 and should be divided by 28852(total count of rows) . However, Numerator and Denominator are same (391) and when are divided , its showing 100% . I am expecting it to be 

-  391/28852  = 1.36% 

I am not sure how to change the Denominator part to work as i am expecting.  Below shown is the expected ouput . 

Expected output : 

Capture.PNG

Please Assist !! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Vijay,

This is awesome . It is working as expected . 🙂 

However, i would like to understand how you have re written the DAX measure with such ease in less time . could you please guide me on how we can measures like that ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I suggest to create a Datedim

use this function

1 .CALCULATE(
       COUNT('Mainframe Turndown'[PROCESSNAME]),
       FILTER(ALLSELECTED(DateDim), DateDim[Date]="Desired Date")

2. Calculate(COUNT('Mainframe Turndown'[PROCESSNAME]),
    All(FACT Table))

3. DIVIDE(First Measure, Second Measure,0)
Please do let me know if it works!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Vijay,

This is awesome . It is working as expected . 🙂 

However, i would like to understand how you have re written the DAX measure with such ease in less time . could you please guide me on how we can measures like that ?

@Anonymous Practice with Logic and understanding Data and Final Outcome!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.