Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JustNewbie
Helper I
Helper I

Need guidance on unpivot columns

Hi,

I have 2 table below. Currently One to many relationship. Reference number is unique in table 2.

But now if i unpivot column Approver1 & Approver2, my reference number in table 2 become duplicate not unique...and it will affect the one to many relationship. how do i solve this? 

(Reason why i want to unpivot the column Approver1 & Approver2 is to count who had approved the most payment reference.)

JustNewbie_1-1669117446645.png

thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
JustNewbie
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

Anyone can help?

JustNewbie
Helper I
Helper I

Anyone can give me some advice?

My target is to calculate which approvers had approved how many documents here. Should i unpivot the columns or there's other options? I also need to calculate dates from 2 diff tables.

johnt75
Super User
Super User

You could set it up as a many-to-many relationship but make it single directional, so that Table 2 filters Table 1.

@johnt75 hi, john, i make it single directional, but it give me another problem. I wan to calculate the datediff between the 2 tables, after i unpivot the column which become many to many relationship, the datediff in Dax doesn't work anymore.

Should create a separate table to unpivot the columns? Any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.