Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

igordossantos
Helper I
Helper I

Need creative help - 2 dimensions x 2 facts

All, 

I need help on something that is perhaps simple, but I'm having a hard time to do it. 

I need to build a visualization that will allow me to quickly tell a story around two dimensions and two facts, for instance: 

Facts:

- Current Year Sales

- Previous Year Sales

Dimensions:

- Product Type

- Sales Channel

I need to show Sales Channel are behaving for each Product Type, and show Current Year X Previous Year. 

I thought of having horizontal bars represnting the Sales Channel, Product Type represented by color within the Sales Channel bar, having Current Year x Previous Year stacked on top of each other, but I cannot make that happen.

I have opened every single sample available, did a lot of trying and some search.

Can you guys once again help me out?

Thanks in advance for the help. 

-Igor

1 REPLY 1

I presented at a recent PASS Marathon about how Excel users can get started with Power BI.  I wrote a follow up blog post earlier this week where you can access the video of the session and also take a look at the workbook.

http://exceleratorbi.com.au/moving-excel-power-bipass-presentation

I am not saying this is the world class visualisation, but it may help you get going.  I suggest something like I have demo'd here, but I would add a second measure to the bar chart (top left) with TY and LY as 2 separate bars in the values section.  You will need some DAX to do this, but it will be worth it.

Also take a look at this thread - I provide some info on writing the DAX measure to do this

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Comparing-this-year-and-last-year-measure-on-a-bar-chart/m-p...

I hope that helps

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.