Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Krishna1992
Helper I
Helper I

Need assistance on data slicer

Hello Everyone,

I have 4 data tables, 1 time intelligence table(calendar) where this table is connected to every other data tables.

relation3.png

I performed a calculated column called overall revenue based on all 4 tables. Used below DAX expression to calculate overall revenue.

SUM(DespatchReport[Amount])+SUM(ExportBillingReport[Amount])+SUM(FCL[TOTAL BILLING])+SUM(LCL[Total Revenue Generated])

After that I created a new table to create a slicer, and that new table is also connected to every other tables.

Below is expression I have used to create a new table,

WTYPE = FILTER(DISTINCT(UNION(SELECTCOLUMNS(DespatchReport,"Warehouse_type",[Warehouse_type]),
SELECTCOLUMNS(ExportBillingReport,"Warehouse_type",[Warehouse_type]),
SELECTCOLUMNS(FCL,"Warehouse_type",[Warehouse_type]),
SELECTCOLUMNS(LCL,"Warehouse_type",[Warehouse_type]))),NOT ISBLANK([Warehouse_type]))

My problem is I created the slicer based on new table created, I want to slice Eg. If I click on value 1 only that revenue should be filtered, but it is not doing so.

since I created a calculated column in LCL table, that value only shows.  Other tables I cannot able to filter or visualize it.

Slicer values:

FCL

LCL

Bond

Export

Needed Output:

FCL is sliced FCL revenue need to be filtered and other slicers too.

Error:

When I select LCL slicer, overall revenue gets outputted. (because I created a calculated column in that table only).

Untitled2.png

How can I overcome and slice each and every table. Is this modelling issue or any other issue? Please help me out.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-juanli-msft,

I accept your statement.

But calculate tables works during slicer also. 

The issue here is I haven't made proper relationship between tables.

Previously relationship between derived tables and other data table is dotted line.

I enabled "Make relationship actice" which converts the relation from dotted line to normal line, and when I selected a value in slicer it works.

So more or less this is a modelling issue which I faced.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Krishna1992

calculate columns/tables are computed during database processing(e.g. data refresh) and then stored in the model, they do not response to user selections on the report, you need to create a measure so it can change with the slicer.

Could you show some data in table visual so i can analyze better?

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi @v-juanli-msft,

I accept your statement.

But calculate tables works during slicer also. 

The issue here is I haven't made proper relationship between tables.

Previously relationship between derived tables and other data table is dotted line.

I enabled "Make relationship actice" which converts the relation from dotted line to normal line, and when I selected a value in slicer it works.

So more or less this is a modelling issue which I faced.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.