Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CMccown
Helper I
Helper I

Need an expression to return the date and hour of each peak value

I have a DAX measure to return a peak hourly value in a table called System_Load:

Peak System Load = MAX(System_Load [Hr Sys Load])

I can build the following table with this expression - this represents the peak value for each month with the year filter applied:

CMccown_2-1671566225502.png

I need to be able to calculate the corresponding date and hour that these values occurred to be able to build a table similar to this:

CMccown_3-1671566440606.png

My raw data table looks like the following:

CMccown_1-1671565972910.png

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
CMccown
Helper I
Helper I

@nick_potts, I am able to create a matrix visual for the table itself but I do need a measure to return the individual dates to use as a basis for graphs in a separate data table and haven't quite wrapped my head around that. Any help is appreciated.

Just pase here a values from that table so we can copy it 😉 Sample data needed.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

nick_potts

This looks like it'll be a matrix visual with the hour as your row then date and day of week as your columns. You might even be able to drop that previous measure for peak load as your value. It should use context to filter down to the hour and date. You'll need to make a day of week column on that table using the date field 

bolfri
Super User
Super User

Can you share a PBIX file with sample data or a table so everyone can copy and paste it? 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.