Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice on relationship multiple table

Hello Everyone.

I got a table who contains several ID adress, like, one id for shipping / sales / paiement. And i got just on table adress.

But i can join several times two tables exact ? 

MPinfo_0-1637417274132.png

Please need help 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

There is only one active relationship between two tables. If you want an additional relationship when a relationship has been built, the new relationship will be inactive and the relationship line is dotted line. As the official document said:

Eyelyn9_0-1637809924000.png

Once you've connected two tables together with a relationship, you can work with the data in both tables as if they were a single table, freeing you from having to worry about relationship details, or flattening those tables into a single table before importing them.

For how to build relationships,please refer to:

Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

There is only one active relationship between two tables. If you want an additional relationship when a relationship has been built, the new relationship will be inactive and the relationship line is dotted line. As the official document said:

Eyelyn9_0-1637809924000.png

Once you've connected two tables together with a relationship, you can work with the data in both tables as if they were a single table, freeing you from having to worry about relationship details, or flattening those tables into a single table before importing them.

For how to build relationships,please refer to:

Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer ! I try the second way, but i got 8 table in this way, i think it's way to much, and i have to wait maybe 1 minute when i want rename a field.

@Greg_Deckler In the first way, how can i use this ? Because i need to display the four adress in the same table.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Two ways to go about this. One, you can create two relationships. One will be inactive and you can use USERELATIONSHIP in a measure to force which one you want to use. Second way, duplicate your address table creating two "scenario" dimensions such as a Shipping dimension and Accounting dimension.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.