Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pradnya_Haraple
Frequent Visitor

Need a help on how to filter the data on map visual with different filters using DAX

How can we apply filters on multiple columns & reflect that on Map visual ?

Pradnya_Haraple_0-1646055429534.png

Currently, I am able to filter the data on map with country filter on right by selecting any of the value from country dropdown.

How can we filter based on job domain?

5 REPLIES 5
Pradnya_Haraple
Frequent Visitor

Hi - @v-rzhou-msft 

Now i am able to filter the map based on diferent filters for job domain, related roles, country, etc.

1.PNG

However not able to get correct location of country. For example: China 

• Firstly, how can we get correct location of country? I have tried with Latitude & longitude but its not giving expected result.
  • Secondly, we also want only one value to be displayed for china which calculates average of CL-Manager after applying group by country, job domain & related related roles.

For example : Map visual should display values of china as 2.56 (Average rating of CL-Manager by county) when none of the value from slicer is selected.

2.PNG

Is this possible? or what the map is displaying right now is correct one?

Thanks in advance.

Pradnya_Haraple
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak  - Can you please let us know if the formula used is correct or not?

GroupByCountry = GROUPBY(WorldMapLabels, WorldMapLabels[Country],WorldMapLabels[JobDomain], "Avg_Country", AVERAGEX(CURRENTGROUP(), ROUND(WorldMapLabels[CurrentLevelByManager],2)))

Now i am able to filter based on job domain & country.

Pradnya_Haraple_0-1646209304046.png

Can we display the map like below if none of the filter values from job domain or country is selected.

We want the map to display average rating of manager by country if no filter value is selected.

Pradnya_Haraple_2-1646209545186.png

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi @Pradnya_Haraple ,

According to your statement, I think WorldMapLabels[Country] and WorldMapLabels[JobDomain] are in the same table. Does this table relate to the table you used in Map visual? I think if [Country] can filter your visual, [JobDomain] should do this as well. Could you share a sample pbix file with us? We need to know your data model and this will make us easier to find the solution.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Pradnya_Haraple
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak  - Job domain filter is a column in used another table. Can we use columns from some other table to filter the data on existing table or visual?

Do i need to use Job domain column in Group by formula where group by country is specified?

Thanks for the help!!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Pradnya_Haraple , Not very clear. If the data is connected, Job slicer filter should, if interactions are not disabled

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.