Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hemantsingh
Helper V
Helper V

Need To repeat same qty for all days in a mnth till the new change comes in

Dear All,

I am trying to handle a situation in PBI wherin i need to show branchwise,partycode wise,product wise data. I need to visualise the data based on a product in other words products are going to be on slicer and dates are going to be on X-axis & partycodes are going to be on Y -axis.

Data will be coming only once in a week (Note:- could get twice or thrice if there is change in a product qty).I need to show the recieved data for consecutive 7 days or 14 days or for full 30 days along with changed qty if any on a visual. Since the data is most likely to come only once in a week so after receiving the data i need to show the same data for next 6 days (if viewing weekly) till the time a change in qty comes in for any product . Further, It is also possible that a change might come in any time of the week but till the time change won't come the visual should show the same data for all the 6 days (week) or for 30 days (month) if no change comes in at all. 

1) How can i repeat the same data to different dates i.e to other date of the same week & then keep it continued till the changes comes in ? Note: - The data file will 4 columns i.e branch,partycode,product code & date i.e the date on which data gets populated.

2). How can i accomodate the changes when the data files comes with a different date & changes in product qtys.?

Any suggestion.

2 REPLIES 2
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

HI @hemantsingh

The Fill function in the Query Editor is great for rolling a product forward, otherwise if you post some sample data we can have a crack at suggesting some calculations.

Filldown.png

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @Phil_Seamark

Please find the sample data for your better understanding. I will be getting data like this once in one week subject to changes in qty data. If there is a change than i will get another file with changed date & quantities. I need to accomodate both these thing. If there is no change & user wants to preview the data than i need to show the same data for a week or for 30 days but if there is a change than i need to accomodate the same & show the same in the visual. 

FYI--dates will be on x axis,Retailer code on y axis & Product code & branch code will be on slicer.

Appreciate your help.

Sample_1.pngSample_2.jpgSample_3.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.