Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DELECO-C

Need Help

Hi everyone, 

I'am looking for some help about a specific subject on PBI Dekstop.

On my model, I've created several segments to make a dynamic board. 

All of these segments have an impact on the other, and that works perfectly.

One of the segments should not interact with the different indicators of the board.

So, when I break the link between this segment and one indicator, I observe some problems... 

Example: 

One machine creates articles.

The first segment contains the name of the machine.

The second segment manages the ID_CODE of each article that I produced.

Some indicator works only if I select all article without using the segment that manages the machine.

So my idea was to break the link between this segment and the rest of the board and then select all articles. That works if I select all the articles manually (20 articles), but not with the option "select all" (20 0000 articles from nowhere, I mean from the rest of my production). When I use this option, I recover every article of the company and note just the article that has been creating by the machine I am analyzing.

How can I manage the option Select all to select only what I can see in the segment when I'm using it? 

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Neither "segments" nor "boards" are terminology usually associated with Power BI.  Do you mean visuals?

Be aware that the behavior is primarily driven by the data model, and secondarily by your management of visuals interactions.

sorry, I'am a beginner on PBI and I'm using a french version, so I tried to "translate" how Microsoft calls all its applications. Anyway, you're right, I was asking about the link between some visuals and especially between what I called "segment" as a kind of filter (the visual one, not the filters option that you have on your right on each new pages), and the rest of visual.

Hi @DELECO-C ,

The interaction between visuals will affect the visual display. We can control the interaction between each visual by edit interaction option. If it is a cross page slicer, we can check the sync slicer

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.