Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bhmiller89
Helper V
Helper V

Need Help

I have Organization  Names as well as Job Numbers. Each Organization generally has multiple jobs.  I need to show Organizations that do not have MRB jobs. I have a column that classifies a JOB as "MRB" or "Not MRB" but can't seem to figure out how to apply it to the Organization level.

So when I use a slicer to only show "MRB" or "Not MRB," many organizations show up on both lists because it's filtering it by Job NUmber

6 REPLIES 6
Drors
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

You can duplicate the table you are using, then filter to show only rows with MRB then remove duplicates. after it add a new column with the value 1 with the title "MRB CUSTOMER FLAG"

after that, go back to your original table and do left join for new table (join it by customer name or ID), expend the MRB CUSTOMER FLAG column and replace the null values with 0.

when you done you can add a slicer to your visualization with that column, if you will select the 0 in the slicer all the names that have both (MRB and not MRB) will disappear from the page

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bhmiller89,

Have you resolved your issue? If you have, welcome to share your own solution or mark the right reply as answer. More people will get useful information from here.

Thanks,
Angelia

No resolution to my issue yet

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bhmiller89,

If your issue still hasn't resolved, please create sample table(you can create fake data as your data is priavte) and list expected result, so that we can share solution which is close to your requirement.

Best Regards,
Angelia

mehaboob557
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @bhmiller89,

First i want to know the whether all the values you are trying are in one table or in multiple tables.

But, my idea is to add the column which clasifies a JOB as "MRB" or "NOT MRB" in the visual filter(if you want to show in particular visual) or page filter(if you want to show in whole page level) and click on check box which have MRB JOBS in the filter. 

filters.PNG

Hope this helped you. Please give a kudo and accept solution if it worked for you.

@mehaboob557

I need to classify the Organization as MRB or NotMRB and each organization name has multiple jobs, some of which are MRB and some of whcih are Not MRB.

So for example I can have ClientX that has job 1 which is MRB and job 2 which is Not MRB but I need to tell BI that ClientX is an MRB client because at least one job is MRB.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.