Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help with representation of a table

Dear All,

I need help with representing a table in Power BI.

1) The expection from the table is that, each row have a different calculation and each of these rows pull data from a different source location. In my experience, I have always calculated column level values, however in this scenario the expectation is to have different row level calculations and the column are also not fixed and they vary. I am not sure if that's possible in Power BI.

2) The table should always present the June data first (Constant column) and then next column shall show current month's information (variable column) as we progress with rest of the year.

The expected table output in power BI is as follows:

column1detailsJun'19 (Last year, last month) Constant  sep'19 (current year, Current month)  Current vs LY (June 2019)  
  TotalstoreoutletTotalstoreoutletvar(+/-)storeoutlet

Sales personsales count 6695764955                                          (2)             -               (2)
 location 6595658949                                          (7)             -               (7)
 total 6295356947                                          (6)             -               (6)
Calls
info
call info  12,63093011,70013,2411,02112,220                                        611            91          520
 target call  78%68%79%80%62%82%   
 actual call                                     13.7        5.5      15.0                             13.5        5.5      15.0                                       (0)          -            -  

Table Notes: 

1) Sample data is given for representation purpose only

2) The columns are having different datatypes 

3) Rows like sales count, location , total , call info ...etc are derived with different calculations.

Please suggest ways to handle this scenario, any help would be greatly aprreciated.

Regards,

Rnagalla25

1 REPLY 1
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

Please have a look at below post and file.If it is not your case,please follow the How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly to post your simple assumed data and expected output.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/YoY-Growth-in-Different-Section-in-Matrix-Table/m-p/579986#M274347

Regards

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.