Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emembreno81
Frequent Visitor

Need Help with converting an Excel Formula to Dax

Hello!

I'm currently working to move a report that I currently run in Excel into Power BI.  I'm currently working to convert a rather complex formula into DAX.  Can someone help guide me on how to rewrite the following formula into DAX?

=IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH({"tbd"},Y5)),Y5="",),"INCOMPLETE","COMPLETE")

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
onurbmiguel_
Super User
Super User

Hello emembreno81

try sometihing like that:

measure_1 = 
var _value = 
if( table[column_Y5] = "" || table[column_Y5] = "tbd" , "INCOMPLETE","COMPLETE")

return 
_value

If the measure don´t work please send some exmaple of you model e data. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! ;-
Best Regards
BC 

Best regards

Bruno Costa | Super User

Did I help you to answer your question? Accepted my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! 

Take a look at the blog: PBI Portugal 

That worked!  Thank you so much!

Hello 

Please accept my solution and give me Kudos if possible. 

Thanks 

Bruno

Best regards

Bruno Costa | Super User

Did I help you to answer your question? Accepted my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! 

Take a look at the blog: PBI Portugal 

Hi Bruno! 

So - I've actually now double checked the formula you provided and it looks like the OR functionality is not working in the formula your provided.  It looks like the formula is excluding any case where both elements are not true where as I want it to look for instances where either one of the two portions of the formula are true.  Do you know what may be causing that?

I have a feeling the formula is looking for instances where the data in the column is "tbd" ONLY - but I need to find instances where "tbd" is part of the information in the data.   - so not just looking for "tbd" but also for example "tbd15" or "tbd blue"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.