Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help with Calculations

I have a table that I am trying to extract specific information using calulations.

We have company code, DSfID, FIValue, FWhen.

Company "ABC" has a DSfID=12, FIValue=47049, FWhen=08/02/2014 and there are no values after that.

I do have a date slicer, however, the FIValue does not appear because the FWhen is not within the date range I am using.  How can I get that value to appear regardless of the date slicer?

Thanks for any help!

Michelle

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, important to note, the original table is joined to a DataDim table using the FWhen field.  The date slicer is from the date field on the DateDim table. 

Hi @Anonymous,

You can use Edit Interactions to set the table visual not filtered by the slicer visual, for more information, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-interactions

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Qiuyun,

Thank you for your reply. 

We typically do a rolling 25 months in our reporting and the value has a date beyond that, so it won't show up. 

I tried using LastDate and LastNonBlank, but neither of those work; or I can't get them to anyway. 

Regards,

Michelle

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you tried the Edit Interaction feature mentioned in my previous post? If it doesn't work, please share the pbix file with us if possible. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft, unfortunately that doesn't work as the data is joined to the date table by the FWhen field.  Everything is date driven and the data in the fields is dated prior to the rolling 25 month range we use.

Also, I cannot attach the pbix file as the date in the report contains sensitive information.

Regards,

Michelle

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.