Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

franorio
Helper III
Helper III

Need Help "merging" tables

Hi everybody, 

got a question, in Edit Queries, I need to merge a value of a separate table. But need to match this value by different variables, a kind of conditional/merge option, or merging with a filter. 

In Table one my info looks like this, also there is a column for the date (not appearing on the screen).

Second table looks like this: 

Is a CalendarTable with three diffferent  $ value column for each jurisdiction for that date

So what i need is a merge by Date of one table with the other, but with a intermediate step, if Column Jurisdiction of Table 1, is a given value (Capital Federal, BUENOS AIRES, Santa FE), the return merging value should be the one for that determined jurisdiction. 

If in my table 1, I got a data for determined date, for jurisdiction Capital Federal, it should go to the Table 2, look for the value of Capital Federal in the same date. If the data is from another Jurisdiction, go and get the value, for that date, for that specified Jurisdiction.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @franorio

If Column Jurisdiction of Table 1, is a given value, it is supposed to be assciated with Capital Federal of Table 2.

then you can merge columns Jurisdiction and date of Table 1, merge columns Capital Federal and date of Table 2,

next merge Table 1 and Table 2, based on the merged columns in two tables above.

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors