Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Need Help or Workaround With Measures

Hello - 

I am going to attempt to explain the issue I am having as best I can with both screen shots.

I have multiple tables related to AccountsMasterList but for purposes of this question, I am focusing on the ViewershipData table.

Relationships.PNG

Viewship data contains some usage data and for purposes of this, I want to look at hours watched by Account Number by Programmer and by Channel Name. I have this data for the past 365 days, so there are ~70M rows in this table.

ViewershipTable.PNG

What I am looking to do is the following:

Select a programmer via a slicer and look by Account Number at HoursWatched for that programmer as a percentage of their total hours watched. I have been able to acomplish this with a measure that renders correctly.

% of Total Viewing = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM(ViewershipData[HoursWatched])),CALCULATE(SUM(ViewershipData[HoursWatched]),ALL(ViewershipData[Programmer])),0)

Selected.PNG

So here is where I am stuck with what I want to do:

1. I want users to be able to select a programmer and select a range of the % of Total Viewing and view information about those accounts. Example: A user wants to look at all Account Numbers where usage of the selected programmer is between 6% and 7%.

2. Then (preferably through a drill through but would be okay with any working option), I want to then be able to look at the channels for the selected programmer and see of those selected accounts what are the Hours Viewed per channel as a percent of the programmer grand total. I created a working measure similar to the one above for the channel values and it renders properly when I select a programmer.

% of Total Viewing (Channel) = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM(ViewershipData[HoursWatched])),CALCULATE(SUM(ViewershipData[HoursWatched]),ALL(ViewershipData[Channel)),0)

Channels.PNG

I know that due to how measure work and render that a measure cannot be used on a slicer. I also know that you can do a visual level filter to acomplish getting the accounts list with the first measure manually but I have a page with 9-10 visuals that all will need adjusted. 

I hope this makes sense. If you need a working file, I can try to provide a slimmed down version withouth any proprietary information in it.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Matt
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@matthew_hampton,

You may take a look at the following posts.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@matthew_hampton,

You may take a look at the following posts.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.