Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ksicard2430
Helper I
Helper I

Need Help Troubleshooting a date sorting issue and an automated alert issue.

Hello,

I am experincing two issues that I could use the communities help with.

1. There are some internmitent issues with the order of dates displaying in certain graphs. At times a single date will display out of order. I am not sure why this is occuring and it does not seem to be a regular occurence. The date values are being pulled from a rolling calendar that is imported from an API to a world time clock.

In the below screen shot you can see the values for 4/9 is being displayed at the end instead of the beginning. 

ksicard2430_0-1619226854954.png

This second screen shot shows the same graphs now displaying all the dates ordered correctly a few days later.

ksicard2430_1-1619227349312.png

Below is the filter applied to these graphs.

ksicard2430_2-1619227497175.png

2. Another intermittent issue I am seeing is double alerts from my dashboard. Occassionally an alert will trigger correctly then 1-3 days later the same alert triggers again for the same values. Meaning no changes have occurred it's just double triggering. I suspect this may be something on how Microsoft built these triggers but there's nothing obvious to me why this would occur. 

I am happy to provide any settings or configurations for the report. Please let me know if anyone else has experienced similar issues and how they resolved. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please see this article that provide M and DAX versions of Date tables that do not need to be sorted.

No Sort Date Tables! – Hoosier BI

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please see this article that provide M and DAX versions of Date tables that do not need to be sorted.

No Sort Date Tables! – Hoosier BI

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

The date sorting issue looks to be from the dates being sorted alphabetically.  Was that field created using something like FORMAT([date], "m/d")?  If so, FORMAT outputs a string and you would need to sort that column by the [date] column.

Sorry but I don't have any thoughts on your second question.

Jdbuchanan71,

You are correct. I formatted the date field being used to display a string so that it was possible to remove the year from dates being displated. If I try to sort the field I used by the date column it returns an error. I had to remove the year so that the graphs would show on mobile devices correctly. Do you have any additional suggestions?

ksicard2430_0-1619267678984.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.