Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RCelur
Frequent Visitor

Need Help! SAP BW Application Warehouse Connection | Infocubes

Hello All, We are connecting to SAP via CDS cube views using the "SAP Business Warehouse Application Server" connection type from Power BI. We are able to establish and connection and see our CDS Cube view within the "Infocubes" but when we expand the view, we see an error: 

The SAP BW server reported an error: System error in program CL_RS_BASE and from CREATE_DTAPRO_FROM_DDFIELD-0CALDAY.  To find more information about this error, visit the SAP support site and search for 'BRAIN 299'. Additional information may be available in SAP Note '1304564, 2632620'

Tried to browse through some blogs but haven't been able to come to any conclusions. 

Any pointers with how this issue can be sorted will be of great help.

Thanks in advance!error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Rena,

Thank you for your response. We have followed the same steps to establish a connection. 

However, in this case, we have found out that there were certain BW components that were not activated on the SAP server side that had caused the issue. This has been resolved once the components were activated.

Thank you

Rohit

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fffdk
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi RCelur, 

I'm facing the exact same issue and my IT department does not seem to know what could be the root cause. COuld you please help out and tell me what components in SAP BW you activated? 

Thanks!

Fred

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RCelur ,

Could you please provide me with the operations you performed in Power BI Desktop? And in which step did you encounter this error? Whether you can login SAP BW in backend?

Besides that, you can refer the following documenations to connect SAP BW from Power BI Desktop:

Microsoft Power BI and SAP BW Data Warehouse Connectivity step by step

Use the SAP Business Warehouse connector in Power BI Desktop

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Rena,

Thank you for your response. We have followed the same steps to establish a connection. 

However, in this case, we have found out that there were certain BW components that were not activated on the SAP server side that had caused the issue. This has been resolved once the components were activated.

Thank you

Rohit

We are facing similar issue.

Please advise which SAP Components were activated during the time. We couldnt get those component,thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.