Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help: Pass values and drilltrought

Hello all!! I have this situation I hope someone could help me.

I have a report that shows information about document number, Banks, accounts, amount, document type, etc.

Then I used the drilltrought functionality and can see the details using filter in drilltrought by HKONE and Amount

For example : When I select the first line in the report and use drilltrought the report of the detail show me the informacion about all the documents with amount 0.32 and HKONE 11301000; everything is correct at this time.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

The situation is, that I want to show the number of the document of the first page (summary) like a card or information text in the second page (details).

In the same example, I want to show 10000000006 that is the number of the document shown on the line where we drilltrought in the second page.

This number, I cant send in the filters, because changes the meaning of the report and does not show the information that I'm looking for.

I tried with selectvalue function but I have to have selected the record and I do not want to have to select it, if not only use the drilltrought function and even with the select value function I can not send the value to the details sheet.

I attach the pbix document.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16zPJmhGdNKCl6VHQVw7hJW--uFRLBKNP/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for your comments!!

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Nope, it is impossible.

AFAIK, drillthrough filter can only pass filter value friom specific column, it not support to extract the selected other fields(not in drillthrough filter) from first report page.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
ZachMascetta
Regular Visitor

Hello! Quick question. Is the "Document" field supposed to be summarized by Sum in the table? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!! No isn't summarize by de Document. Thanks for your response

I think the issue you are running into with the Document visual is that its currently being treated as a numerical data type, instead of a categorical data type. BI is assuming you want to aggregate the data in some way, instead of just returning the actual value of the document. This is the case with a few of your columns. I think the solution below will get you the results that you want, but let me know how it turns out:

1. Go to the data view and change the following columns from their current data type to a Text data type: Company, Account, Document. This might cause your visuals to display an error with "Fix It" button. Click the "Fix It" button and the visuals should be all set.
  2. You'll now be able to create a card visual with Document and return a single value. On your "Details" page, add a Card visual and use "Document" as the field. Right click on Document and select "First". This will display your first Document value in the card.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.