cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help: KPI Reporting

Hello All;

I am a new user for Power BI. I dont have any big information or ideas about this tool. So i would like to ask help on experts on this tool.

My Manager would like me to create a KPI tool using Power BI but the problem is i dont know how to do this.

As shown below, it is a sample of KPI repoting which my manager would like me to do but i dont know how to do it

Can please anyone help me on this or any points that might help me start this one.

POWER BI.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-danhe-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, you could refer to below stesps:

Sample data:

=1.PNG

Create a measure to show the KPI:

KPI = IF(MAX('Table1'[Current Cost])<MAX('Table1'[Prev Cost]),UNICHAR(8601),IF(MAX('Table1'[Current Cost])>MAX('Table1'[Prev Cost]),UNICHAR(8599),UNICHAR(8596)))

Result:

2.PNG

Use the conditional formatting function to modify the [Complete] column:

1.PNG1.PNG

Result:

1.PNG

You could also download the pbix file to have a view.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/su9xsctgtd1tqco/KPI%20Reporting.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

v-danhe-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

v-danhe-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, you could refer to below stesps:

Sample data:

=1.PNG

Create a measure to show the KPI:

KPI = IF(MAX('Table1'[Current Cost])<MAX('Table1'[Prev Cost]),UNICHAR(8601),IF(MAX('Table1'[Current Cost])>MAX('Table1'[Prev Cost]),UNICHAR(8599),UNICHAR(8596)))

Result:

2.PNG

Use the conditional formatting function to modify the [Complete] column:

1.PNG1.PNG

Result:

1.PNG

You could also download the pbix file to have a view.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/su9xsctgtd1tqco/KPI%20Reporting.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May 23 2022 epsiode 5 without aka link.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Welcome to the Power BI Community Show! Jeroen ter Heerdt talks about the importance of Data Modeling.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 with aka link 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!