Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help - Incremental refresh not working for Web API data source

Hello,

I am using web API to fetch the data from a data source and it works fine on desktop, but after configuring the incremental refresh on a date/time field and published to service, incremental refresh does not work there. There are 100+ million rows and the manual refresh started to fail early this week after it hit the 5 hr limit in the premium workspace. It is mandatory for the incremental refresh to set up but it does not seem to work, eagerly looking for any suggestions from the community folks... I have pasted my M code below for reference. 

let
url = "https://abc.domain.com",
part = "/data/xAPI/statements?since=2020-10-05",

FnGetOnePage =
(part) as record =>
let
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://abc.domain.com",[RelativePath=part,
Headers=[Authorization="Basic YzY3Nzc5MmMxZDY0YTE4ZmMzOWJkZTANmExNjE2ZWU0MjE5NjozYzY0OTQ5ZTQxYmEzZjA3MWY5ZGE1MTliNWY5NDVhMzBlNmI2MWUw",#"X-Experience-API-Version"="1.0.3"]])),
data = try Source[statements] otherwise null,
next = try Source[more] otherwise null,
Statements = [Data=data, Next=next]
in
Statements,

GeneratedList =
List.Generate(
()=>[i=0, Statements = FnGetOnePage(part)],
each [Statements][Data]<>null,
each [i=[i]+1, Statements = FnGetOnePage([Statements][Next])],
each [Statements][Data]),
#"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(GeneratedList, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
#"Expanded Column1" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Column1"),
#"Expanded Column2" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded Column1", "Column1", {"actor", "verb", "context", "timestamp", "object", "id", "stored", "authority", "result"}, {"actor", "verb", "context", "timestamp", "object", "id", "stored", "authority", "result"}),
#"Expanded actor" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded Column2", "actor", {"name", "mbox"}, {"name", "mbox"}),
#"Expanded verb" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded actor", "verb", {"display"}, {"display"}),
#"Renamed to UPI" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Expanded verb",{{"name", "UPI"}}),
#"Expanded display" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Renamed to UPI", "display", {"en-US"}, {"en-US"}),.............

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Have you checked the document to confirm you are fully following the operation steps to configure and enable the incremental refresh on your data source? If not please check the official document first:

Incremental refresh for datasets in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The M code is missing the most important part, the RangeStart/RangeEnd filter .  Please post that part of the code.

You may also want to learn about bootstrapping and XMLA endpoints.

Troubleshoot incremental refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.