Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

xiumi_hou
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Need Help: How to remove visual level filter

Hello: 

I found a "can not remove" filter(highlighted in yellow). Do you know how to romove this? Since my graph can only show march data..Thanks!  

Qu.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@xiumi_hou you can only remove visual lever filters you manually added, otherwise whatever columns/measures you have on visual, it will show in filter. You can surely change the value of the filter

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had problems clearing a drill down filter, but duplicating the entire page removed all of them - which is all I needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The unremovable filter is a result of a drilldown on one of your other visuals on the same page. 
Look for the "Drill up" button on the top right on your visuals by hovering over them. 

I assume you have a visual with a date hierarchy on the axis that you have drilled down on such that only "March" data is shown. Locate it and drill up and this should solve your problem 

Alternatively, you could edit the interactions to not have an effect on other visuals.

Kind Regards 
Billal Naseem

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@xiumi_hou you can only remove visual lever filters you manually added, otherwise whatever columns/measures you have on visual, it will show in filter. You can surely change the value of the filter

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Hi Parry,

The the value is just a count measure. It seems something wrong that all this page has been filter to march. When I check my other page filter, it showed march, after I cleared it, this page still have mandatory march date selection .Any idea about this? Thanks. @parry2k 

@xiumi_hou i was thinking that carriage return or line feed will wok but unfortunately it doesn't  work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.