Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ketan10
Resolver I
Resolver I

Need Help | Filter Map by 'Top N' where ranking is done using a measure

We have a dynamic slicer (Top 5/10/25/ALL).

Using this slicer we are calculating the following table.(please refer the TABLE image below)
Untitled.png

In this table we are dynamically ranking the 'Sellers' by the volume

[DynamicRankMeasure] = IF(RANKX(ALLSELECTED(tblImportMaster[Shipper]),[ SelectedMeasure],,DESC)<=[ SelectedTopNValue],[ SelectedMeasure],BLANK()) 

So if we select top 5, then the table would show the top 5 sellers by volume (and their respective data). Now there is a column called 'SellerCountryCount' which basically gives us the distinct count of 'countries' where the seller is located.

Now, I need to plot these two distinct countries on the map.

Example:

If I select top 5 sellers, I get the this data. But if you notice I just have two distinct countries in the table. So I need to plot these 'two countries' only.

Currently the map shows all the countries in my data when I put 'Country' on the location and 'Volume' (based on the rank) on the color saturation

Can we achieve this using DAX in Power BI ? Any help here would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ketan10,

Does "Country" column have relationship between table 'tblImportMaster'? You should build a relationship between Country column and 'tblImportMaster'[seller] column and try again.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.