Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hcollins
Regular Visitor

Need Help Creating a Dynamic 13 Month Count

Hello, 

This is what my data is like, notice mutliple dates in the date column that are non-contiguous, blanks and repeating names in entity_name, and non-unique amount decimal numbers 

amountentity_namedate
800.55ch33se06/17/2020
100.02 11/09/2021
200bUrg3r11/09/2021
200bUrg3r12/01/2021

What I am looking for is a line chart of the cumulative sum of distinct entity_name over time for all time and YTD (two charts)

The catch is that an entity_name goes "inactive" after 12 months, meaning I need to cumulatively sum distinct entity_name not including entity_name with a date > 12 months before a given date for all time and YTD

I have tried many things and am at a loss, any help would be appriciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @hcollins ;

You could try it.

count = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[entity_name]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),EOMONTH([date],0)>=EOMONTH(MAX('Table'[date]),-13)&&[date]<=MAX('Table'[date])&&[entity_name]<>BLANK()))

The final output is shown below:

vyalanwumsft_0-1639104691927.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @hcollins ;

You could try it.

count = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[entity_name]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),EOMONTH([date],0)>=EOMONTH(MAX('Table'[date]),-13)&&[date]<=MAX('Table'[date])&&[entity_name]<>BLANK()))

The final output is shown below:

vyalanwumsft_0-1639104691927.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

M. thank you. This is exactly what I needed. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@hcollins , Not very clear, with help from date table you can have measure like

Rolling 13 = CALCULATE(sum(Table[Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date ],MAX('Date'[Date ]),-13,MONTH))

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Basically I need this measure

measure I need =
CALCULATE(
DISTINCTCOUNTNOBLANK('table_name'[text_string]), DATESINPERIOD('table_name'[date_column],TODAY(),-13,MONTH)

except I need more than one value for the TODAY() bit, you have it written as MAX(table_name[date_column]

So I need the rolling 13 month distinctcount of the text string entity_name (sorry the table got fuzzy at the top) for every day all time.

10/11: number of all distinct entity_name in the past 13 months ending on 10/11

10/12: number of all distinct entity_name in the past 13 months ending on 10/12

10/13: number of all distinct entity_name in the past 13 months ending on 10/13

so on and so forth 

Does that make more sense?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.