Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tinabaraipod

Need Help- Analyse in excel issue

Hello,

My laptop did a microsoft update a couple of week's ago and since then i have been having a nightmare extrating data in to excel. Usually if i download data first a pop up in excel with apprear saying: Microsoft Office has identified a potential security concern Filepath C:\\users\\xxxxx\downloads\AT_FY17.odc data connections have been blocked. If you schoose to enable data connections, your computer may no longer be secure. Do not enable the content unless you trust the source of this file. I then click on enable and then another box pops us saying: The following system error occured: (the operation completed successfully). I then click on ok and the windows azure authentication box opens asking me to sign in with my email and password. When i attempt to sign in I get the same message: The following system error occured: (the operation completed successfully).  and the cycle starts again. Help!!!!!

I've already tried restarting my computer and readding the excel analsis add in tool. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @tinabaraipod,

It seems to be a known issue with the ODC file created by Power BI and this will be fixed in few weeks. Following is the current workaround. Could you go to check if it works in your scenario? Smiley Happy

1. Date the ODC file on the disk, open it with Notepad, search for the string MSOLAP.7 and remove the dot and the 7 (MSOLAP.7 => MSOLAP)
  2. When the change is done into the ODC file, just double click in it to lunch Excel

Regards

We still have the same issue.  The ODC already contains MSOLAP and not MSOLAP.7
Anything else to try?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.