Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anmolgan
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Need Better understanding for Powerbi premium and Powerbi Embeeded

Hi I have come across these two capacities, I have been able to understand both of them, but have some few questions that I want to get deeper insights into please read below:

1. If I have an externel user into my Active directory and I granted access to him in my Powerbi App-Workspace will that user be able to access my reports if he opens the powerbi.com? and this workspace is also backed by premium capacity.

2. Whats the big use of Powerbi embedded if this does not support the access for externel user?

3. Can I not grant both the embedded capacity and powerbi premium capacity to my workspacec?

4. Whats the big use for App-content, does this similar to Powerbi Embedding?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anmolgan,

For Power BI Premium the backed content can then be used by any user in your organization regardless of the license they are assigned. This means that even Power BI Free users also have access.

For Power BI embedded, embedding for external users provides the ability to embed dashboards and reports to users who don't have an account for Power BI.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anmolgan,

To grant content access to external users outside your organization, you can use Azure Active Directory Business-to-business (Azure AD B2B) to allow secure distribution of Power BI content to guest users outside the organization. 

App content is different from Power BI embedded. You have a look at below documents:

Create and publish apps with dashboards and reports in Power BI

Embedding with Power BI

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Do I need a PRO license for externel user if my workspace is backed by either of the Capacities (Embedded/Premium)???

Hi @Anmolgan,

For Power BI Premium the backed content can then be used by any user in your organization regardless of the license they are assigned. This means that even Power BI Free users also have access.

For Power BI embedded, embedding for external users provides the ability to embed dashboards and reports to users who don't have an account for Power BI.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.