Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

basirve
Helper III
Helper III

Navigate Between Pages of a Report via Hyperlink master page to details page in power bi like SSRS?

Dear Experts,

I need your help on below question?

I would like to implement Hyperlink drithrough on report pages like Master to the

detail page on the same report. I am trying in drill through but it is happening the navigation all the columns of a table but my requirement is only order id on the table.

My requirement is i have a 2 pages, the master page contains order id's details page contains detail of the order, when we will click in order id in the master page it navigates to the details page.

this requirement can we achieve in Power Bi. Please help me with your thoughts on this?image.pngimage.png

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is possible to achieve the desired result by using the Drillthough-button in the report. 

Drillthough-button in app.powerbi.comDrillthough-button in app.powerbi.com

You can add drillthough fields in the report module in Power BI Desktop on the detail-visual of your report. Then you can drill from the Master page to the Details page. By right clicking on a field on the Master page you will effectively filter the Detail page by that field's value.

drillthough fields in Power BI Desktopdrillthough fields in Power BI Desktop

Yes ,,,,By using this option available for all the columns but my table  Order (order Id,OrderQty,Orderprice,Date) ...if we select any column from this table it enabled drill through but my requirement is only to enable for Order ID column.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us go through the Drillthrough function step by step:

I started by creating the visuals on the Details and Master pages. Then in Details added the field I want the report user to be able to drill on to the Drillthrough field well. In my case this is the Account Number. Then this is how it works in my report:

Details page with Account Number in the Drillthrough field well. NOTE that I deselected the Keep all filters option to only filter by the Drillthrough-fieldDetails page with Account Number in the Drillthrough field well. NOTE that I deselected the Keep all filters option to only filter by the Drillthrough-field

Master page with the fields that we want to drill through to the Details pageMaster page with the fields that we want to drill through to the Details page

Right-clicking in the table that includes Account Number allows drillthrough to the Details page effectively filtering the Details page by the selected row's Account NumberRight-clicking in the table that includes Account Number allows drillthrough to the Details page effectively filtering the Details page by the selected row's Account Number

The Details Page is now filtered ONLY by the selected Account NumberThe Details Page is now filtered ONLY by the selected Account Number

Thanks you are replying but If  Vocuer Number or Amount Column click drill through option is enabled but it should be disabled for those columns.. How can handeled this Scenario ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried to enable / disable this option? This might solve your issue.

image.png

Keep All Filter --> This option mainly used for the Same filters in the details page from the Master page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you select *Keep all filters* all filters active on the visual from the Master Page will follow the drillthrough to the Details Page. If the Master Page contains other filters when drilling through to the Details Page, the Details Page will be filtered by the Drillthrough field AND all other active filters.

If you only want to filter the Details Page on one field (i.e. only Invoice Number, Voucher Number, etc) you should deselect the *Keep all filters* option and add only the desired field in the Drillthrough field well.

Did this solve your issue? If so, please mark the issue as solved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @basirve , was this issue solved? If so, please mark the reply as a solution to help others know it worked 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not to utilize PowerBI ability which automatically filters other visuals depending on the value clicked (focused) by the user, so you could have two visuals (header, and details), and once you click on the OrderID field, it will automatically filter the other visual (Details or lines) to only display the values for this order.

something like the below

1.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.