cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pinky0404 Member

NaN Error

Hi All,

I  have two columns , "Total Queries" & "Other blocked" and when i try to divide Other blocked / Total Queries is throwing NaN value when both columns has value 0. Hence unable to calculate the percentage for the same. Could anyone please help me with the NaN error .

Attaching sample where %  column should  actually result in 0.18 value  instead of  0.71

Sample 2018.PNG

Thanks in Advance !!

Pinky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
v-yulgu-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: NaN Error

Hi @Pinky0404,

Glad to hear that you have resolved your problem. Would you please kindly mark your sharing solution as an answer so that it can benefit more users?

Thanks,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Smauro Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hey there @Pinky0404!

You would probably be best with using the [b]DIVIDE[/b] function ( https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj677276.aspx ) where you could right something like:

P% = DIVIDE([Other Blocked], [Total Queries], 0)

Where you'd see a 0 in case [Total Queries] = 0. You simply then format the measure as a percentage in Modeling.

More, I see that you have [Other blocked] as a decimal, which I guess is redundant. I'd change it to whole number, you never know if DAX has any problems with dividing different types.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Pinky0404 Member

Thanks for your response. I found an answer. i was directly dividing the columns  which was giving  the total % , rather calculating as sum(other blocked)/sum(total queries).

Highlighted
v-yulgu-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @Pinky0404,

Glad to hear that you have resolved your problem. Would you please kindly mark your sharing solution as an answer so that it can benefit more users?

Thanks,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 285 members 3,353 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: