Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

NETWORKDAYS with multiple country holidays

Hi, I am computing the difference between two working dates to know the lenght of days used, the formula is below;

TAT = CALCULATE(SUM(CalendarTable[WorkingDay]),
DATESBETWEEN(CalendarTable[Date],
'Processed Data'[Date of failure],
'Processed Data'[Date of repair])
)

WorkingDay = SWITCH(CalendarTable[WeekNo],1,0,7,0,1)

But i realized that i forgot to add the holidays in the equation of the working day, on top of that, i have difficulty because my data is across different countries that does not share the same holidays.

I shared the data below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RmBqHxvPOYZ-wTEplvaOlln_ajjnnKP8

Thanks in advance for the help.

I have a column for the country in each row so it can be used to filter the TAT computation based on the country holiday list, I guess.

I have been at it for hours and can't seem to figure out how to do it. Any help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi@Anonymous

For this use case, you need to calculate first the number of weekdays within your specified date range then deduct the number of weekdays that are holidays. Here's what I've come up with:

NETWORKDAYS W/ HOLIDAYS = 
VAR HOLIDAYS_ =
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Holidays[Is Weekday?] ),
        DATESBETWEEN (
            Holidays[Date],
            'Processed Data'[Date of repair]
        ),
        Holidays[Country] = EARLIER ( 'Processed Data'[Country] )
    )
VAR REGuLAR_NETWORKKDAYS_ =
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Dates[Is Weekday?] ),
        DATESBETWEEN (
            Dates[Date],
            'Processed Data'[Date of repair]
        )
    )
RETURN
    REGULAR_NETWORKKDAYS_ - HOLIDAYS_

Please note that:

• HOLIDAYS and Dates tables are disconnected tables. They don't have any relationships with your fact table.
  • DATESBETWEEN() behaves similarly with NETWORKDAYS in Excel. It aggregates the values within a specified date range and not the difference between the end and start dates. That being said, you might want to deduct 1 from the measure above and return 0 if after deducting 1 the result is negative.

Also, you can create a date calendar in DAX or M without pulling in data from an externa source. Here are sample codes:

M - 

let
    Source = List.Dates(#date(2018, 1, 1), Number.From(DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow()) - #date(2018,1,1)) +1, #duration(1,0,0,0)),
    #"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(Source, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), {"Date"}, null, ExtraValues.Error),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Converted to Table",{{"Date", type date}}),
    #"Inserted Day Name" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Day Name", each Date.DayOfWeekName([Date]), type text),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Day Name", "Is Weekday?", each if [Day Name]="Saturday" or [Day Name]="Sunday" then 0 else 1, Int64.Type)
in
    #"Added Custom"

DAX

CALENDAR Table =
CALENDAR (
    MIN ( 'Processed Data'[Date of failure] ),
    MAX ( 'Processed Data'[Date of repair] )
)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.