Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

.NET Framework Data Provider - configuration issue with machine.config file

Hi,

I have a PBIX file with data from an Oracle Database.
I'm using a PC with Windows 10 where I've installed Oracle client and ODAC122010_x64.

When I attempt to refresh or connect to the Oracle Database, I have the following issue:

"Failed to find or lead the registered .Net Framwork Data Provider. This is a configuration issue with the file c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v.4.0.30319\Config\machine.config."

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

LMFC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, @Anonymous

It's pleasant that your problem has been solved, could you please mark the reply as Answered?

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Have you installed the lastest version of Oracle Client? If you haven't, please install the lastest version of Oracle Client. Check here. Also, check if there's any security policy in your PC and check if you have installed oracle client completely.

Similar issues for your reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/configuration-parseer-error/36ae0b02-4348-429a-8597-96db3925af08

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/007f961c-9913-40ef-91d4-52632cccae3d/permissions-for-machineconfig-for-standard-user?forum=netfxsetup

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply.

I already solved the problem by reinstalling the ODAC and turning off the .NET Framework 4.7.

Best regards,

LMFC

hi, @Anonymous

It's pleasant that your problem has been solved, could you please mark the reply as Answered?

Best Regards,
Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous

It might be related to the .NET Framework. Please re-installed .NET framework and restarted the server for a test.

Failed to find or load the registered .Net Framework Data Provider

and here is a simiar post for you as a reference.

Connect to an Oracle database

Best Regards,

Lin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.