Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

odeddror
Frequent Visitor

NBA Playoff

Hi there,

I created NBA Playoff tables (Eastern and Western conference) and I would like to pick (first 8 of 15) the teams like that

1 place and 8 place

2 and 7

3 and 6

4 and 5

* this table change every day during the legue and I would like to pick the team name regardless who is in the 1st raw
I've tried ranking but it didn't work and I coudn't create a row_num like TSQL with DAX any idea

Thanks

Oded DrorNBA Playoff.pngAs you can see today is Boston Vs Miami but tomorrow it could be different teams 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@odeddror , try the newly released index function, with help of that you should be able to get data on a particular number , you can get 1 and 8 and show them together 

Dax Function Offset, Window, Index: https://youtu.be/KhkCALjHylE

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@odeddror , try the newly released index function, with help of that you should be able to get data on a particular number , you can get 1 and 8 and show them together 

Dax Function Offset, Window, Index: https://youtu.be/KhkCALjHylE

Amit,
I follow your video and i did

Western Index 1 =
 VAR W1 = CALCULATE(SELECTEDVALUE(western[Team]), Index(1,ALLSELECTED(Western[Index]),ORDERBY(Western[Index])))
 VAR w8 = CALCULATE(SELECTEDVALUE(western[Team]), Index(8,ALLSELECTED(Western[Index]),ORDERBY(Western[Index])))
 Return
 W1 & " Vs. " & w8

But as you can see (when is tie) it pick Phonix instead od golden state?
Thnaks
Oded Dror

P.S i added an Index Column in Power Query

Amit,

In your video you are using numbers and dates but in my case it only dynamic names that need to extract

Just show me the name of the 5th raw regardless who is there

Thanks,

Oded Dror

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.